Hiking to Cala Tuent Tower
Torre de Sa Mola de Tuent
Explore one of the most beautiful parts of the North Coast of Mallorca by hiking to a restored watchtower. Perched 472m above Cala Tuent the place offers a magnificent 360-degree coastal and mountain views.
About the hike
This short hike (1,5h – 2h total) is ideal if you need a free parking and fewer tourists on the trail. The route has a sketchy 6 m section which can be seen in the photos so you can decide if you want an extra adrenalin rush added to your adventure.
In addition, to reach the top of the watchtower one needs to have a headtorch and not be afraid of heights as there is unaided climbing involved onto a metal/via ferrata-like ladder.
It is a great spot for an ultimate sunset experience but you need to get down quick after as the path can be tricky to find in the dark.
Amazing scenery towards Puig Major and the rest of the Tramuntana will be opening on the way down.
This trail can be combined with the Torrent de Pareis Hike also available on our wikiloc profile.
Location and details
What to bring?
- Small backpack
- Sun hat (advised)
- Water bottle (1,5l)
- Comfy approach/walking shoes/light boots
- Food (snack & lunch)
- Comfortable clothes
- Before setting off, consult the weather forecast. Do not set off in adverse weather conditions.
- If you are alone, tell people where you are going and when you expect to return. Wear suitable clothes, take appropriate equipment, water and sufficient high-energy food.
- Take a mobile phone with a fully charged battery and a torch.
- Avoid wandering from the track or path, follow the traditional signs.
- Take your physical condition into account and conserve your energy for the return trip.
- Wear footwear that supports your ankles and make sure the ground you step on is firm. Be on the lookout for rockfalls.
- Avoid any places that seem dangerous.
- Do not light fires in the woods.