Malyovitsa Peak Snowshoeing (2729m)
Experience one of the most majestic peaks in Bulgaria – Malyovitsa!
With its impressive height of 2729m, it gazes over a beautiful valley which we will cross on our way to the top. The entire area has an important significance for Bulgarian climbing, mountaineering, and skiing. Mostly visited by locals it is a very well kept secret for the majority of foreign tourists. Therefore the place has a particular authenticity and a special Balkan vibe.
We will start our ascent from 1700m and continue to Malyovitsa Hut where we will stay overnight. The next day we will make our way towards the peak.
Join us on an exciting snowshoeing adventure in the northwest of Rila mountain, Bulgaria!
How do we source our prices:
- Balkan Vagabondz receives a client request.
- The BV coordinator then reaches out to all the guides and guiding companies in the network to gather information on possible itineraries, availability and prices.
- Once we have all the options we send them to the client so he/she can select the best price, date and itinerary.
Please note negotiating prices is not always possible.
Essentially we are a price, availability and itinerary comparison site that helps people meet their adventure needs and save time along with providing extra customer service and consultation on top of the services you receive. All of this is free of charge as commission is taken from the suppliers.
What to bring?
- Local Insurance (included)
- Pocket money
- Hiking boots – waterproof and warm, above the ankle, stiff sole
- Water and windproof jacket with a hood
- Water and windproof trousers
- Warm hat, thin pair of winter gloves/mittens
- Thermal underwear, light down jacket or a warm fleece
- Sun protection – sun cream, sunglasses, sun hat
- Snowshoes and trekking poles (included in the price)
- Personal Rescue Equipment – beacon, shovel, probe
- Water bottle or, preferably, flask – 1/1,5l
- Snacks, lunch pack
What is included?
- Professional guide
- Equipment (snowshoes, hiking poles, ice axe, crampons)
- Overnight accommodation in Malyovitsa Ski Hut
- Dinner & Breakfast
- Local Insurance
How to book your place?
You can simply register by using the web form on the right-hand side, e-mail, call or message us on facebook or twitter and we will contact our local guide to move forward with your booking.