Rila Lakes Snowshoeing Adventure
Join us on a snowshoeing journey across Rila Mountain – the highest mountain range on the Balkans. We will guide you through the magnificent snowy mountain tops and show you the Northwest part of the mountain including the Seven Rila Lakes cirque.
How do we source our prices:
- Balkan Vagabondz receives a client request.
- The BV coordinator then reaches out to all the guides and guiding companies in the network to gather information on possible itineraries, availability and prices.
- Once we have all the options we send them to the client so he/she can select the best price, date and itinerary.
Please note negotiating prices is not always possible.
Essentially we are a price, availability and itinerary comparison site that helps people meet their adventure needs and save time along with providing extra customer service and consultation on top of the services you receive. All of this is free of charge as commission is taken from the suppliers.
Start in the morning, drive from Sofia to Panichishte area in Rila Mountains – 1,5 hours. The chair lift will bring us to 2140m after which we will hike around the lakes for 3-4 hours. We start walking along the Dry Ridge until we reach the Kidney Lake. Further we descent near the Trefoil Lake, the Fish Lake, the old Seven Lakes Hut and above the Bottom Lake back to the start point. Lift down to Pionerska Hut. Stop at the thermal pools of Sapareva Banya. Returning back to Sofia around 19-20h.
What to bring?
- Sun glasses
- Sun cream
- Sun hat
- Warm hat and gloves
- Water bottle
- Snacks & sandwich
- Winter walking boots (warm and waterproof)
- Pair of gaiters
- Water/windproof jacket with a hood
- Winter trousers
What is included?
- Professional Guiding
- Snowshoes & trekking poles
- Local Insurance
- Lift Pass
Can be arranged upon request.
Price: Sofia – Rila – 60€ for a group of up to 3 people.
How to book your place?
You can simply register by using the web form on the right-hand side, e-mail, call or message us on facebook or twitter and we will contact our local guide to move forward with your booking.