Let us show you the beauty and tranquillity of the picturesque Pecka valley where river Sana begins its epic journey. Hike with us to Sana’s springs and explore the pristine natural world thriving in its magical surroundings.
You will be able to see many types of mushrooms, wild fruits, and medicinal plants as well as interesting birds. You might even spot The Huchen (Hucho hucho – up to 1,5m in length) a threatened species of salmon who enjoys one of its last sanctuaries here in the waters of Sana.
Sample the delicious home-made local food and drinks such as nettle syrup or plum brandy.
Accommodation is included in the price. You can choose between a mountain hostel and a Bosnian homestay.
We also offer tailored made climbing and mountain biking trips in addition to our hiking adventure.
For more information on the struggle to protect downstream Sana read: Protest against KELAG dam construction on Huchen river.
Balkan Vagabondz’ team believes sustainable ecotourism is the best alternative to big industry. It gives hope to all the plant and animal species and also local people who are trying to preserve their land, water and authentic way of life. Support them in their struggle.
How do we source our prices:
- Balkan Vagabondz receives a client request.
- The BV coordinator then reaches out to all the guides and guiding companies in the network to gather information on possible itineraries, availability and prices.
- Once we have all the options we send them to the client so he/she can select the best price, date and itinerary.
Please note negotiating prices is not always possible.
Essentially we are a price, availability and itinerary comparison site that helps people meet their adventure needs and save time along with providing extra customer service and consultation on top of the services you receive. All of this is free of charge as commission is taken from the suppliers.
~ Day 1 ~
- Pick up at 18:00 in Banja Luka
- Transfer to your accommodation
~ Day 2 ~
- Hiking to Sana’s springs
- Visit Mračaj cave
- Lunch at Međusane
- Back to the guest house
~ Day 3 ~
- Hiking to Gornja Pecka
- Climbing or MTB (optional)
- Transfer back to Banja Luka
We also offer the following one-day excursions:
- Lisina Mountain Hike
- Discovering the old town of Jajce
- Exploring the area of Sipovo (Pliva River)
- Visiting eco-village Zelencovak
- Insurance Policy (recommended)
- Pocket money
- Walking poles / sticks
- Easy-to-handle backpack (35 – 45l)
- Sun hat (advised)
- Water bottle (1,5l)
- Warm hat
- Personal First Aid Kit
- Sleeping bag liner
- Light rain & windproof jacket
- 1 warm fleece / top
- 1/2 short-sleeve shirt / top (optional)
- Comfy approach/walking shoes / light boots
What is included?
- Accommodation – 2 nights in a mountain hostel or homestay
- Transport from and to Banja Luka
- Food – 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts & 1 lunch
- Guiding services to Sana’s springs
What is not included?
- Flight tickets
- MTB & Rock climbing activities
How to book your place?
You can simply register by using the web form on the right-hand side, e-mail, call or message us on facebook or twitter and we will contact our local guide to move forward with your booking.